The Ingham Health Plan (IHP) provides healthcare access at little or no cost to more than 12,000 Ingham County adults who otherwise lack access to basic, medically needed health services.
We’ve helped more than 60,000 low-income, uninsured Ingham County residents since the plan's creation in 1998. And our impact goes beyond the uninsured.
We also help:
- Attract employers, jobs and economic growth by providing a safety net for Ingham County’s uninsured,
- Make businesses more productive by lowering employee sick days and absenteeism,
- Save emergency room services for real emergencies,
- Reduce the $40 million cost of uncompensated care for Ingham County’s two hospital systems,
- Control health insurance costs for all insured workers, families and employers.